SHINee’s Jonghyun reportedly found dead in his apartment
SHINee‘s Jonghyun was found unconscious in an apartment unit at 6PM KST and the police confirmed that he has passed away.
They had released a statement to confirm.
— Gangnam Police
Jonghyun was discovered unconscious at an apartment unit in Chungdam with coal briquettes lit in the room.
— News Report
Coal Briquettes is a common method of suicide in Korea. Trapping yourself in a room with lit coal briquettes release carbon monoxide. This leads to carbon monoxide poisoning and will result in death.