Want some dessert but feeling a little lazy or lack of ingredients?
This is a simple recipe with simple ingredients that you have at home. Great for Christmas gathering or other family events!
1 cup (200g) sugar
3 Tbsp (50ml) water
2 cups plus 1 Tbsp (500ml) milk
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a heavy pot, put in sugar and water, but do not stir. Put it on the stove at medium heat until the water and sugar turns to dark brown. Pour the syrup into 8 small (3″ diameter x 2″ high) pudding cups or ramekins (may have some leftover).
- Heat milk until just before boiling. Whisk together eggs and sugar, and add hot milk very slowly to avoid eggs curdling. Strain the mixture to make the liquid smooth, and add vanilla. Pour the mixture over the hardened syrup.
- In a baking pan such as 13x9x3, place purin cups, and pour hot water around the cups (not in the cups!) about 3/4 up the side of the cups.
- Bake at 350 F for 40-45 mins or until custard sets.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours or preferably overnight. You could decorate with whipped cream and cherries before serving if you wish.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes